Thursday, April 27, 2006

Well you can tell I didn't just jump into this blogging world with casual abandon. I was pretty sure I wouldn't blog every day but I expected a little more from myself than this. As they used to say in my youth "today is the first day of the rest of your life"....that should give you hint as to how ancient I am but also perhaps give me permission to try again.

I am working on the Ladies Retreat. Whew what a beating. Every year I say "I am NOT planning that again" and then a few months later I forget how much stress it was and jump onto the planning committee all over again. ANYWAY. This year I am speaking. Not for the whole thing...just one talk one night. We always have our own ladies do "personal sharing" related to the theme of the over-all weekend. This year our theme is on Authentic Faith and being real....I can speak to that. So I am. Not sure what to share and even if I want to....but I think God is challenging me to do so. I have been working on it for a while now. Reliving some of the events of the last 15 years isn't all that pleasurable. But I can say, without a doubt, that God has brought me through. Victorious. That's what it's about, isn't it?

More on another day....we hope.

No comments: