Monday, May 12, 2008

Tired

What a busy, happy, crazy ten days we have had. Tyler got in on Friday, May 2 and we had a week of just us. Then on Friday, May 9 my mom and sister came in from Abilene. It was Katie's 20th birthday which we celebrated at her favorite restaurant in Dallas. It has become a yearly tradition to go here. Katie, Thomas and Tyler love pasta and Italian food. Matt & I have no love of either and so we generally don't go out to eat at an establishment of this cuisine. Saturday morning we went to the Activities Center at UTD to watch Matthew walk across the stage and get his Bachelor's degree. He got a 4.0 this past semester -- I'm so proud of him. He actually got an A+ in Literature this semester -- his least favorite of subjects. We still haven't heard whether or not he'll get to do his student teaching next semester or not. If he doesn't he'll be looking to see where God would have him serve. He's still intent on it being somewhere in Africa much to my dismay. Saturday evening we grilled steaks to celebrate. Sunday a.m. mom and Vanessa got up and out of here at the same time we left for early services. My niece wanted her mom to get home as soon as she could that morning since it was Mother's Day. Also, Kylie had spent her lifesavings on a dog that Vanessa picked up Friday morning before she got to my house. Kylie definitely wanted to see her new "baby". She is a little fur ball - all 17 oz of pomeranian cutie. Yesterday afternoon Matt then loaded up and went to Abilene because he is working there this week. He's building a fence and putting up an outdoor play swing/fort combo for his little 4 & 7 year old cousins. Tyler got up this morning and left for Colorado. So the house is quiet today. Katie is studying for a final tomorrow and Thomas is working. I'm about half asleep watching the Roloff's and trying to stay awake for Jon & Kate + Eight. That's our week in a nutshell. I'm too tired to be clever or interesting or introspective or instructive. Here are a few pictures. I'll write more when I recover.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you're feeling like reading, may I suggest a book to try? If you enjoy Christian fiction, you might enjoy "Outcasts Of Skagaray". For a free preview, go to www.threeswans.com.au and see the excerpts and comments. I would love it if you read it but in any event, I greet you in the Lord. My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com