Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy New Year and other Randomness

Nothing says Happy New Year like a stomach virus. What a great way to ring in the New Year. Actually I think the optimum word would be "Wring" because wrung out is how I feel.

It's winter in Texas -- Saturday it was 82 degrees! Sunday it was 40. Yesterday we had an ice storm and today it's supposed to be in the 50's. You never know how to dress - it's advisable to keep a layer or two in your car just in case.

I'm trying to work up the determination to get back on the Weight Watcher's band wagon. I had an epiphany this weekend - I believe I'm convinced I really can't succeed. But I'm also pretty sure I'm not willing to fully commit. Am I stubborn? Afraid of failure? Or just psycho?

Our church is beginning the new year by reading Mark & John together. Sixty different people took one chapter and wrote a devotional thought to go with that particular chapter and then they were all compiled into a book. It's been very neat to read the words of people that I had no idea could write so well. In the fall we began a "program" for lack of a better word called "Masterpiece in the Making" which is what we all are. I began a personal plan with the start of the new year to look at each day's reading and answer three questions - 1) What is going on here? 2) What is God wanting to show me about me? and 3) What does God want me to know about Him? It's been a good way to look at the Word with fresh eyes.

I still haven't shared about the awesome Sunday of a few weeks past. I fully intend to. Changes are beginning to happen so fast that I'm mostly just hanging on for dear life. I'm going to need the prayers of every single person out there in Internet land to make it through the next year. I've been in the "I'll think about it tomorrow" mode and unfortunately, "tomorrow" is almost here. More on that next time.........

No comments: