Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Oh, so sorry......

I have been computer-less for over two weeks -- the longest two weeks of my life. Well, they would have been the longest two weeks except for one lovely little detail. The husband, two Texas-residing children and myself spent a week in BEAUTIFUL Winter Park, CO hugging Tyler, skiing, eating, enjoying the gorgeous handiwork of the Creator, hugging Tyler, touring his new home followed by some hugging of Tyler. It was such a treat to be with him again, to see him in his surroundings, meet one of his bosses, see his apartment -- I can now picture all of that in my mind and feel much more relaxed and confident when I think of him so far away. He is so happy and doing well. Life is expensive as all get out (I'm still blown away by the fact that in SAFEWAY, mind you, one 15 oz. can of Ranch Style Beans cost ONE DOLLAR AND FIFTY NINE CENTS. Oh, yes it did. $1.59. I cooked and cooked one whole day so that he has a freezer full of meals & lots of meat already prepared to throw into soup or chili or stew. That made mom feel good and Tyler very happy. The Lord watched over us the entire way - we were ahead of all the storms that hit TX, NM & CO and our roads were clear. Berthoud Pass wasn't as scary as I had feared and we're home safe & sound. I have tons of pictures to post and will do so soon I think the computer situation at home is finally resolved.

In the meantime, here is my Christmas grin of the day:

No comments: