Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Happy New Year

Well, I was determined that I wasn't going to post until I had my Christmas decorations put up but I'm afraid I will forget my log on before that happens. I do not understand how it was that I was more organized, more together when I had little kids than I am now when they're all grown and I only have to take care of me. Maybe I am just delusional and I have rewritten history in my head -- but it seems to me as though things used to get done faster with more planning and foresight than they ever do now.

Did you make New Year's resolutions? I didn't commit to anything which is the same thing as not making any. I very much want to be more dedicated to the Word this year and most especially to memorization. I started out last year determined to memorize the book of James. Yep, the entire book. I was rolling right along and then lost steam at the second chapter. I allowed Satan to steal that goal right out from underneath me. I won't start with such lofty goals but want to be more purposeful about my life and hiding God's word in my heart is a great way to start! I also want 2008 to be the year that I take better care of this house my soul resides in. I want to be a healthy old lady that doesn't look quite so much like an old lady and that's not going to happen if I don't get dedicated to exercise. It's just so doggone hard to do that after I get home at night. I give myself lots of excuses...it's so early when I leave for work and it's so late when I get back from work and I'm so tired and it's so hot or it's so cold. I've got an appointment tomorrow night with the trainer at the natatorium.....maybe he can motivate me. Sadly paying membership dues does not do it -- I think I went a dozen times last year. Sigh. I have no longing to exercise. None. I have a longing for blizzards and for fresh off the grill flour tortillas, for Photoshop and for a new car for Tyler. But exercise? Fat chance.

I also intend to be more purposeful at writing down the random thoughts that are in my head. Regardless of the lack of depth, insight and wisdom I resolve to write something....sort of often. My unwillingness to commit is appalling. I commit to be better.

2 comments:

Living Beyond said...

Good morning lady,

I'm glad you logged on last night - did you get to weight watchers last night? I hear they have a really good program unfortunately the groups here meet at times that are impossible for me.

I love that you are wanting to get the word inside of you - that is my goal for the year too. I had never thought about memorizing a whole book - wow that would be something - maybe a small book lol. I think I might ask God about that and see what He thinks.

I agree that blogging our mindless thoughts can be so much help - I actually find it to be a bit of therapy for me and I enjoy just getting the words out!

Well lady - you have yourself a lovely day. I pray that God will just come and meet with you face to face in your times alone with Him 2008!!

Take Care
Shelley

Hoots Musings said...

Sister, you run circles around me. I get home from work and I am brain dead...not wanting to even cook!

Thanks for inspriring me!