Thursday, February 14, 2008

A find

I got an iPod last year -- I asked for a little Nano. My sweet husband in his typical go-one-better mode got me a 30g iPod and I have still not even begun to really utilize it. Katie is constantly telling me how I need to trade with her and take her Nano because I don't fully utilize what I have. While that's true, I'm keeping mine. I know how to download music and I have had more fun with that - you'll find the craziest mish-mash of songs on the thing. Lots of Casting Crowns because they are my favorite - but I have also got Plaine White T's, All American Rejects, Carrie Underwood, Johnny Cash, Norm Greenbaum, Sting, Gary Allan....see? I'm quite a versatile girl!!

But I finally got with the whole Podcast program yesterday. I couldn't imagine why one would want to do that but my good friend Shirley convinced me I did, indeed want to do just that. She sent me to the best website -- http://www.oneplace.com/ . There is a ton of great lessons from all sorts of great Bible teachers. I subscribed to a couple of Podcasts. Don't quote me on this one because I really don't have a clue but I THINK that means I'm going to get their broadcast every day. I subscribed to Jack Graham (minister at Prestonwood Baptist in Dallas) and also Chip Ingram. Then I got single lessons by Alistair Begge, Beth Moore, Max Lucado, Dr. Gene Getz and Ravi Zacharias. Maybe more. It was an awesome ride to work this morning -- such a better use of my travel time. Thank you Shirley for the referral!!


And finally ----------Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: