Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spell check doesn' t always work......

Today was a busy day at work. It's the end of the month and so I've got a bunch of stuff to do to close the books on February. The systems have opened to adjust our forecast and I've got to get all that figured out. It's performance review time and I have been scheduling, rescheduling, cancelling and rescheduling again so many reviews I have lost track. All this on top of the regular goings on of a busy law office. Today was the busiest. I had to get a new position opened up so that we can fill a position in Sao Paulo. Only we have a new generation of this particular application and of course there are glitches. These glitches wouldn't allow me to do anything in the system. Completely shut out. I had a deadline that was really urgent and I had spent well over an hour on a job that should have taken me less than 5 minutes. I was getting so frustrated and firing off emails and making calls trying to find someone who could give me a work-around for this situation. I had multiple people in the mix and everyone recognizing the problem but no idea as to the remedy. It was tense. And then I got an email that made me laugh out loud. I still had the problem but it's amazing what laughter will do for your soul! The sender had apologized for the problem and assured me that they were working furiously to figure out how to fix the problem. The final sentence was the corker.

"I am so sorry for any incontinence this may have caused you."

There very nearly was some incontinence happening after I read that. Somebody needs to invent word error check. But then again, maybe not.

No comments: