Thursday, October 02, 2008

Yikes

The company I work for was acquired recently. It came as a huge shock to me -- it's not as though we were a little mom & pop organization. Generally global corporations with 144,000 employees are the ones that do the acquiring. Up til this past summer we were. Now the shoe is on the other foot. From the beginning as soon as the merger was announced the GC had told my manager that she had a job. Yesterday we got the news that the Deputy GC wasn't going to honor the promise -- my manager is out. Since my whole job is supporting her it's a little scary to be me right now. I have no idea what the future holds but praise God I know who holds the future. I said 8 years ago when I got my first job there that I was fully aware that God gave me the job. I was a homemaker for goodness sake. No corporate experience. And I said that when my purpose was finished I knew that God would show me the next step. So I ask for prayers and good thoughts -- that I recognize the next step and that I remain the hand of grace in uncertain times. My manager was loved and respected by all and the news has come hard. It will be very tempting to join in the negative talk that has started.

I'm crying right now. I'm scared right now. I'm going to miss her. I am very sad for all the really really good people who have been a family for years who are being "let go" because there's "no place for you here". People who have given years of their lives are rewarded with being "let go". I never realized until now what a misnomer that is! "Let" go? There's no "letting" here.

I sound grumpy don't I? I'm so sorry.

No comments: