Thursday, November 11, 2010

Five

Take five minutes to write about how grateful you for all of the wonderful things that you currently have in your life. Don't long for what you don't possess - instead, take stock of all the blessings you already enjoy.

In no particular order - just stream of consciousness writing (I'm clocking this so I know I go for give whole minutes.) My blessings include: knowing God, loving Jesus, a wonderful husband, three healthy, beautiful, fabulous children, an unbelievably precious granddaughter, the greatest sister in the whole world, parents who loved me and supported me, friends from Flagler, Texline & Spearman who all left unique marks on me - shaped and influenced me in different ways and for whom I will be forever grateful, a church family in Allen who has taught, encouraged, loved, supported and challenged me through the hardest years of my life, my cute little red PT Cruiser - the only totally brand new car I've ever owned, a house that is always in the process of becoming what I want it to be, a sweet puppy dog who doesn't hold it against us that we neglect her terribly since Sophie came along, a job that pays me well, my talents of craftiness, my ability to sew, the Praise Team and that I belong to it, a pantry loaded with food and a grocery store near by, that I live in the United States and enjoy its freedoms in spite of its faults, girl's nights out with wonderful girlfriends, an unlimited amount of books to read, one of which is the Bible.

Well that wasn't at all hard and I could have kept going but at six minutes I called a halt. I'm truly blessed.

No comments: