Thursday, November 04, 2010

Well Pfffffttt. (Raspberry)

I was going to get cranking and stalled out immediately. I came across The Gratitude Challenge and was intrigued, convicted and convinced this was something I should do as well as something that will get me writing. SO here I am at Day One of the Gratitude Challenge.

"Today you start The Gratitude Challenge. Sign the contract and make a commitment to take note and give thanks for the next 21 days. Express why you accepted this challenge and what you hope to achieve from it."

I have mentally signed the contract because I haven't printed it yet but I will after I write. I accepted the challenge because I tend to be a glass-half-empty gal. I hate that and vow to do better but without any sort of accountability it's pretty hard to measure (or even notice) any improvement. I know intellectually that I am incredibly blessed with many good things, not the least of which is knowing Jesus. Over the next 21 days of this challenge I hope to have my eyes opened to recognize all that He has given me. By focusing on seeing blessings I think I will be able to stress a little less about the struggles that are really painful and hard right now. While they ARE indeed hard and painful I'm pretty sure that by focusing only on the struggle it seems twice as big and twice as bad as it actually is. It may only be 30% of my life but if I'm spending 70% of my time worrying and stressing I lose perspective.

Today, I am thanking GOD that I "accidentally" ran across the blog of someone I had never read before who pointed me to this challenge.

No comments: