Saturday, June 23, 2007

Dancin'

On my birthday Thomas surprised me with tickets to the Dancing With the Stars Tour. I would never have thought about going but it was so much fun. We went last night and I loved it. Thomas was persistent in getting tickets on line - he kept choosing "find new seats" until he found two seats next to an aisle. We were directly across from the stage in a perfect place. My fav, Joey Fatone, was a part of the group and he did the two dances that were my favorite from this season - the free style that got him a perfect 30 and the jive that was just way energetic and fun. The four guy stars are all singers and they did some fun singing numbers as well as the dances. And the closing finale was from one of my favorite movies (I know this is gay) - Footloose. It was greatness. An added serendipity was that seated two rows ahead of me in the American Airlines Center was one of my former students from well over 10 years ago. Ashley was just a dear and I loved her. I stayed in touch for years but as she graduated from high school and went on with her life we had lost touch. A year ago her younger brother who was Tyler's age just dropped dead at work. It was tragic. It was a blessing and surprise to see her and hug her sweet neck and just re-connect. She's doing well - as pretty as she ever was. So, all in all, last night was a complete 10!

No comments: