Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Happy Birthday to me

Yesterday was my birthday and I took the day off. Spent it wandering around fabric stores all by my lonesome and loved every minute of it. Didn't find anything I wanted to use for window treatments but I could spend all day in a fabric store and not get tired of it. I just love them. I want to get the sewing machine out and sew very badly but it's one of the many things that is shelved due to lack of time. I came back to work today and Debbie (my boss) brought me my birthday present. Two absolutely gorgeous necklaces. One is turquoise and one is pink marble opal nuggets....they are both natural stones and they are just gorgeous. As much as I love them I loved her card even more. I have read it 10 times today and laughed every time. Everyone who walks by my desk is subjected to me saying "Here read this card!!"

The front of the card says:
"So, anyway, I'm standing in line to buy you a freakin' birthday card and the line is like seventeen billion people long cause the only thing the dumb teenage boy at the register is thinking about is the dumb teenage girl at the other register, and some dumb lady is turning her purse inside out to come up with "exact change," like she's gonna win some kind of "exact change trophy" or something, and some idiot starts up with his "This item was marked with the sale price" crap and I just really hope you like this card..."

and you open the card and it says:

"'Cause I stole it."

I'm laughing all over again.

No comments: