Friday, June 15, 2007

Who knows...

but what you are here for such a time as this? This is without a doubt one of the most comforting concepts in the Bible and I go to that verse time and again. I love the story of Esther and how God placed her where she was for a specific purpose. I love it when Mordecai asks Esther that very question and follows it with "look, God is going to do his thing with or without you" (well, that's more or less the way he said it). I look for reasons as to why I am here in corporate America - that I am working at "the house that Ross Perot built" still boggles my mind. A co-worker that I don't really know (she's an attorney and of course I am not) lost her father almost a year ago. She was struggling mightily in the last days of his life and so I sent her a note saying "hey, I'm here if you want to cry -- I know it hurts - been there done that". There is something about email that frees a person to say the things they might not say in person and she responded and poured out her heart to me and I was able to minister to her. Here we are now - she is facing her first Father's Day. Yesterday she emailed me again and said "Do you remember your first Father's Day?" and I was given another opportunity to minister to her hurting and broken spirit. I don't know what her faith is, or even if her faith is - except that she is angry with God. But I got the chance to share that God loves her and is there and understands that she is very angry with him at the moment and it's okay. I don't know if anything I said made a difference. I don't know if she'll move closer to Jesus because of anything I said.

For a few minutes yesterday and today I was about a higher purpose than contracts and litigation and such. And who knows if I was called here for just this purpose?

No comments: