Saturday, March 15, 2008

Found


I just watched a great movie -- August Rush. I don't remember hearing a thing about it until a friend told me about it the other day. My prime movie watching time is somewhere between 6 and 8 on Saturday mornings. That's the only time I can be reasonably certain I won't fall asleep before the opening credits. If you haven't seen it, rent it -- it is really worthwhile. I don't want to spoil it if you haven't seen it but the story is of a very musically gifted boy who is shaped and driven by the music he hears. It's music that is played out all around him in nature and in the 'noise' of city life. No one seems to be able to hear the music though because they don't have their ears attuned. He doesn't know how, but somehow he knows that the music will bring him home.

How often I miss the music in my busy-ness. How often I hear the noise of distraction and the urgent and miss the music of the important. Jesus has given me a song to sing and I must not forget that. I must keep singing. It's the music that will bring me home.

There is one incredible line in the movie that sums up what we all want. The young boy is asked if he could choose any name in the whole world what would he choose his name to be. He replies "Found". Isn't that what we all long for?

Great News!!! We have been. Can I get an amen?

No comments: