Thursday, November 06, 2008

It's over thank goodness

I am so thankful that the election is OVER. I was unbelievably tired of the dirt slinging and name calling that we call campaigns these days. I think we should totally re-vamp our entire electoral process. Each candidate should be given one dollar per U.S. citizen. That's it - no more, no less. All have the same amount. There should be two televised debates. Nothing can start before September 1 of the election year. All ads - television & print - would have to be approved by an ethics committee. The committee would be made up of 3 people from each political party.

Yeah, I'm dreamin'.

I didn't vote for our new president and I'm not particularly thrilled he is my new president. But I will honor the office and pray for his guidance. In the end, God is in control and that's enough.

On the job front, no news. Still no news. It is getting to be crazy. I've been doing special projects for anyone who has something to do. I miss Debbie and my old job. It's no fun anymore. But I'm still employed and that is a huge blessing in this time. On the home front Matt learned that he will be teaching in Wuhan next year. Wuhan is the largest city in the Hubei province of China. It's all becoming very real and I'm nervous, scared, excited and happy. I know he's looking forward to the adventure and I am unbelievably proud that he is giving a year of his life to do something that God laid on his heart.

That's all for the updates from this corner of the world. How boring I am. I'm going to work on that. As soon as I figure out how to be exciting.

1 comment:

Hoots Musings said...

I have a dear friend in Lubbock. Her son is in China currently teaching English. They hear from him once a week via email or phone. He is loving it over there. Matt will too!