Saturday, November 08, 2008

It's Saturday!

Matt is on the high school retreat - "Going Deeper". Not sure what his assignment was -- and he wasn't either. So laid back, that kid. I would have needed to have every single detail - what was expected and when -- but not him. "They'll tell me when I need to know." God is going to do great things through that boy -- what a testimony he has. Can we say "Proud mama"????

I bought my first Christmas present this morning. I found a fun clock on Etsy that I'm going to give Tyler. I read a good idea yesterday from someone about Christmas presents. She said she bought gifts for her kids in 3's....something they wanted, something they needed and a book. I think I'll add a fourth - something fun that I want to buy. So there we have it -- four gifts each. Perfect! I'm such a sucker for Christmas that it's easy to overwhelm them and myself and totally lose track of the bigger picture. We are going to Colorado again the second week in December for our last big family gathering before Matt leaves for China. So many changes are coming in the new year. Not ready to blog about them all yet but suffice it to say my life is changing in bigger ways than I can imagine in 2009.

Katie got offered a job yesterday. We are proud of her. She hasn't finished her internship yet and her boss knows she doesn't even have her license yet but he wants to keep her and so she finishes her internship on Tuesday, has Wednesday off and starts her job on Thursday. He can only offer part-time which is perfect because she only wants to work part time. She is going to start working on her Associates Degree in January and working full time and going to school full time seemed a bit overwhelming. She thinks she would like to go ahead and get her Pharmacy degree and working as a Pharmacy Tech will give her a clearer picture on that. Tech built a brand new pharmacy school in Abilene and that would be wonderfully handy if she decides that is what she wants to do. She can enter with an Associates so that is the current plan.

I wish I had something delightfully clever but this is all she wrote.

No comments: