Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm b-a-a-a-c-k

What a wonderful week! It was scary getting there but once we were safely ensconced in our condo it was just fabulous. It started snowing on us in Colorado Springs and it snowed all the way to Winter Park. That's a long way to go in snow. Once we hit I-70 West it was really bad --- trucks in the ditch everywhere. The warning signs were lit up that all tractor trailers had to have chains on. I'm thinking if trucks need chains then it couldn't hurt if we had them either --- but we live in Texas, people. Why would we have chains??? We debated stopping and spending the night but decided as long as we could creep toward our destination we would. Creep, we did -- but we finally made it. Since it was snowing so much I am most thankful that it was pitch dark as we climbed Berthoud Pass. It was just fine that I couldn't see that steep cliff on my side of the car. Once we got there the weather turned fine and the guys enjoyed two days of skiing. No more often than we get to go two days is all they can handle. Katie and I stayed at the condo and read books. I crocheted a scarf and begin embroidering some tea towels. I haven't done that in ages and ages. We also went and had a spa pedicure that was ridiculously over-priced and not all that good. But it felt decadent and so okay, I guess. We didn't do a very good job of taking pictures this year---I don't know why. But, here you go--a glimpse of my week. Isn't it beautiful?

My babies are all grown-up:

How I miss this boy's hugs!!

Now picture this in the pitch black night with a blowing snowstorm all around you!


I've got more to write about -- I was tagged by Jessica forever ago and I have to get to that--I have to tell you about my Sunday experience and my newest first. But now I'm going to crawl into a bed warmed by an electric blanket and read until I fall asleep. Which is likely to be in 3.2 minutes.

No comments: