Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Good news for Michelle

I have high cholesterol and have been taking medicine for at least 10 years - maybe longer. Even with that I never could get my numbers under 200. My HDL (the good kind) is high and that was the only good thing ever about those little digits. My mom had two stents put in this past November so all of a sudden things became more ominous. I had to go back and get my blood work done only four months after the last one. It was my last chance to try and get it down or we were going to have to increase my dosage. I really didn't want to do that -- it's not that good for your liver. So anyway -- I tried again. There isn't a lot to cut out that I ate -- I'm not into fried stuff and I prefer fresh fruit to any brownie or candy bar or cookie. There was only one more thing I could do that I hadn't ever tried. I gave it my best shot and got my results yesterday.

Peoples my total cholesterol was...........176!!!!!!! My goodness gracious sakes alive - it's pretty much a miracle. I doubt it was ever that low in my life. When I first started taking medicine it was over 300. Diet & exercise didn't change it so we knew it was hereditary - thus Zocor. But now -- not just a little bit under 200 mind you. And to what do I owe this success? Just watch TV my friends and you'll know the answer. Good Old Fashioned......... every single morning. I love it. Now I'm just crazy about it!! Try it. You'll like it.

No comments: