Thursday, April 24, 2008

Technological discoveries

I just love this little thing . I didn't really need one this big but I'm loving it. I put all my cd's on it and during my lunch hour I can listen to these guys or these guys and sometimes them and him and them and even her and her. I haven't even figured out how to download (or is it upload?) videos yet but How cool would that be? Watching a movie in the cafeteria of Large Corporation? But now I've found even more goodness. I have discovered Podcasts. I knew of their existence but I couldn't imagine why I'd want to do that. A friend clued me into this site and I am now a Podcast devotee. I've been listening to Chip Ingram and Jack Graham and Alistair Begg and getting blessed over and over and over again. I even subscribe to some so that every time I charge my iPod I get the latest broadcasts automatically.

That's my good news to share for the day. Tomorrow afternoon begins our annual ladies retreat. For about 5 cents I would back out of going just because I'm feeling so overwhelmed. Tyler is coming home next weekend, Matt graduates from college the week after which means I'm going to have overnight guests. My house hasn't been clean since I don't even remember. It's end of the month which means financial close at work and then immediately following that is off cycle outlooking time. I want to get a WalMart greeter job I think. Surely that's easier on the brain. BUT since I'm on the committee and I have the speakers' gifts in my bedroom I believe I'll be at the retreat and I know I'll end the weekend being glad I went.

Pray for us! I know God has a blessing and a word for me - I just ask for a heart that is open to hearing it and a calm spirit to slow down and receive it.

No comments: