Monday, April 14, 2008

Random nuggets

It's been Monday all day long. The bright spot was I got to wear blue jeans to work. Not only today, but all week long. Last week I donated $20.00 to the March of Dimes and so got to wear blue jeans. It's called "Blue Jeans for Babies" week. Our rah-rah "reward" the last couple of years is Casual Friday every time we sign a contract worth $100 million. Twice this year we've signed a contract worth one billion dollars and for that -- a whole week of blue jean wearin'. It's funny how such a seemingly little thing makes such a huge difference in my whole thought process about the week. It feels a little less like work for some crazy reason. A little thing, but it makes for big smiles.

I have found another super product that is worth mentioning. Have you tried these?
WONDERFUL is all I can say about them. I've taken carrots and also snow peas to work in them. We have commercial microwaves so they are probably more powerful than the one I have at home but I cooked one serving of baby carrots in a minute and a half. I like my carrots just a little firm -- it was perfect. You can cook meat, vegetables - whatever suits your fancy. You season the food but add no water. Five Stars.

Tonight I made PW's Onion Strings. I felt so virtuous to be doing something that gave the impression of working hard in the kitchen. I don't like onions but the rest of the family does and they loved them. So, another PW recipe tried and loved.

And that's what's on my mind today. Pitiful isn't it?

No comments: