Friday, March 30, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring

Rain, rain and rain! And it came on Friday, better still. Friday is the only day of the week we are allowed to water the lawn due to Stage 3 water restrictions in Allen. Last year our water bill got so high it was almost $200!! A MONTH!! To water the lawn. I can't get too excited about planting flowers when I have to decide whether to have a lawn that looks like anything or buy groceries. I would rather work outside in the yard than inside any day of the year and this is seriously cutting into my enjoyment. The downside of all this rain?

Tornadoes. I have lived in Texas for 29 years and still the very word has me quaking. I have lived through a tornado -- seen the damage they do up close and personal. All during the spring I have my eyes on the sky, my ears tuned to the TV or radio, listening for that weather alert siren sound.... sigh.

If you are reading this pray for all tornadoes to pass me by.........by miles and miles and miles.

No comments: