Monday, May 14, 2007

50 things continued

21.) I fell head over heels, madly, deeply in love in college. And being with him was more important than anything else in my world. Including going to class. Which explains why I didn't get my degree. I didn't end up with the boy either.

22.) I miss wheat harvest. There was just something exciting about that - riding in the combines, taking the truck filled w/ grain to town. Cooking all morning long and taking a huge spread out to the fields to feed the crews.

23.) My 8th grade science teacher used to keep a bottle of "listerine" in his desk drawer. I guess he had germs that wouldn't die since he had to sip from it all year long.

24.) I got pregnant on my honeymoon. I was certainly old enough to know better than that.

25.) I used to make all my husband's dress shirts and pants. Now I don't even sew on buttons.

26.) I cannot swim. Yet.

27.) I don't care about that either.

28.) My favorite dogs are Great Pyrenees.

29.) I could eat Mexican food every night of the week.

30.) I love the show Boston Legal. Denny Crane makes me laugh. I secretly wish I could be as outrageous as he is. Maybe I will be one of these days.

31.) I think Ronald Reagan was a great man.

32.) I love to vacation in Red River, NM.

33.) I have never been drunk. Never.

34.) I've had two black eyes in my life. The first one I got when I was 7 or 8 and was playing in a wagon at Grandma & Grandpa's farm. Second black eye was just a few years ago. Thomas gave it to me! That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Actually we were trimming trees and a branch fell the wrong way and whacked me good. It was really really really black.

35.) I used to spend hours playing Galaga on my son's Nintendo. I was darn good.

36.) I hate ferris wheels and roller coasters.

37.) Even though you have to be seen in a swimming suit in public, I love to go to the Schlitterban in New Braunfels. It takes me about 30 minutes to get over the humilation and then I realize no one is looking at the old bag because they are too busy staring at the naked young girls wandering around. So then I relax (except I never quit holding my stomach in).

38.) I drink my coffee and my tea straight. No sugar. In fact, drinking sweet tea actually makes me gag. Truly.

39.) My first car was an orange Vauxhall. And can you believe it? We don't have one picture. That car got about 50 miles a gallon. It was the greatest. No one had ever even heard of a Vauxhall and it was the only one in the whole Arkansas valley. Years later when we moved to Texline I met a girl that became one of my best friends. Her first car? A lime green Vauxhall. What are the odds?

No comments: