Saturday, May 05, 2007

The kitchen that was....

I'm living in my worst nightmare right now. At least, the way it seems at this moment it is surely the worst nightmare. WHAT A MESS!!! We are now down to bare studs. We learned after tearing the ceiling out that about half of the attic above doesn't have a floor -- so we see clear to the rafters at the moment. Well, we could see to the rafters if there wasn't so much junk piled up there. There is dust everywhere in the house. No matter how many times I wipe it off there is more the next day. So my new plan is - don't dust, draw pictures in it. I would like to think we are nearing the beginning of the end but I'm afraid we aren't even near the end of the beginning. This weekend we need to go get lights (like I care what the pot lights look like??) and hopefully, the tile. Apparently slate is popular at the moment - I've not been able to get it anywhere because it is sold out. We think we have located enough and will pay for it tomorrow so that it will indeed be ours. After the electric stuff is done and the gas line is in, our good friend Victor will come and sheetrock, tape, bed & texture. Then we'll paint, lay the floor and only then will we call the installers who will come and put in the cabinets, Home Depot will come and install the appliances, the countertop people will come and make the template, the countertop will be made, they'll come install it, then we put in the backsplash and FINALLY we're ready to have a kitchen. Doesn't that sound like an hour or two of hard work??? Ugh. I hope I get a kitchen before retirement age. I'll put up pictures so you can feel like you are really there. Here you are, looking north.... and now, looking south...........

NOW do you feel my pain?

No comments: