Friday, May 18, 2007

Nothing but chatter -

No news on the home front. Kitchen still pretty much like you saw it last. Well, not quite. There is quite a bit of it with nice white sheetrock on it. Not taped/bedded/textured. But it's a start, right? The plumber came and fixed whatever it was that was wrong that caused water in the kitchen sink when the washer in the laundry room was emptying. Not good. But I guess it's better to get laundry room water in the kitchen than to get garbage disposal gunk in the laundry room!! Anyway, that's fixed and he put in the gas line. So bit by teeny tiny bit, we are moving forward. I'm just very, very tired of it all. I need a vacation. How do I know this? Because I have no mind left. This morning for whatever reason that could not possibly be understood, I got out of my car, having left it in neutral w/o the parking brake pulled. WHAT ON EARTH???? I always put my car in reverse when I park. I always pull the emergency brake. Today - neither. And how do you suppose I learned that I had done neither? By the following phone conversation:

"Legal Affairs, this is Michelle."
"Yes, this is (somebody) with Security. Do you drive a red PT Cruiser?"
"Well, yes I do."
Thoughts to self: (AND YOU BETTER NOT BE CALLING ME TO TELL ME SOMEONE HIT MY CAR!!! )
"Well it rolled out of its parking place and hit another car."

Oh good grief. Thankfully, no damage. They weren't able to find the other car owner so I've half been expecting an irate phone call all day after they tracked him/her down. But, not yet.

I read something today that was just what I needed to read. So, if you feel out of sorts or like your life isn't blessed go here.

I got a funny cartoon yesterday. It cracked me up. There is a woman sitting in a chair and her head is in her hands - she is obviously distraught. Her husband is sitting in a chair next to her with the paper in his lap. She says "I'm afraid my mind is gone." and her husband leans forward and says "I'm not surprised. You've been giving me a piece of it for twenty years."

And on that note, have a grand weekend. Think of me, living in chaos.

No comments: