Friday, July 20, 2007

Grace


Thoughts I was pondering today--

Why is it that after a certain age (which seems to be younger all the time) women start feeling this pressure to tuck, lift, smooth and plump every square inch of their flesh? The reality is that after you pass about 25 you can figure that you might possibly turn about 1 out of every 7 or 8 heads and after 35 you can forget it completely. And, it generally bugs the heck out of you. But men? They wear the same waist size they ever wore - they just wear button them lower and lower and 99% of the time seem oblivious!! How unfair is the pressure of that?

This is what I was thinking of for some reason today as I was walking across the parking lot of the grocery store. Thinking, "Okay, Michelle - your days are long over." At that very moment, in the middle of a flat expanse of cement I fell off my own foot. Looking like a complete klutz, I had to flail my arms about trying to keep my balance.

I bet I turned a head or two. Oh yeah. I've still got it.

No comments: