Thursday, July 19, 2007

Update

I realized this morning that I completely neglected to include one of my very favorite movies in the random list from the other day. I don't know how I forgot it either -- because this is a movie I actually own. Seldom, if ever, do I buy movies -- they are just dust collectors to my way of thinking. But this movie -- greatness. I asked for and received it for a birthday. So let me say without further ado that The Apostle must be included in my top ten list. So let's just bump those Die Hard movies (sorry, Bruce) and put Robert Duvall up there where he belongs. I don't know why this movie is so powerful to me but the whole struggle of this very human preacher to be who God has called him to be just resonates with me. I guess I saw myself -- on the one hand wanting to be wholly sold out to the Lord and on the other hand so tied to this world and the things in it. And that scene where he's talking to God and he says "Right now I am just so mad at you! I'm so mad ....I've always called you God and you've always called me Sonny." I just connect to the movie. The fallen nature of man against the longing of our hearts to be all God planned for us to be. Oh yeah. Watch it. And if you don't like it - go back and watch it again. You're missing something.

No comments: