Monday, July 16, 2007

He's baaaack

Thomas went to Grenada on July 1 and came back on July 14. He loves that mission trip and had a great time watching God at work, building a preschool, and fellowshipping with 76 other Greenville Oaks people. He wants me to go....but I am not a flyer in the very best of worlds and the time they had actually getting there would have FREAKED me out. So I stay home and make money so he can go. Yeah, right. I do stay home. I realized that as attractive as being single might sound when you THINK you are sick to death of men(!), the attractiveness wears off at about day 4. And by day 10 you can't think of a single reason why you thought it would be fun to be alone. So I have a new appreciation for how hard being a widow is. God wiped my face in my judgemental snobbishness. Sigh. I don't know nearly as much as I like to think I do.

No comments: